Preheader Home Facebook Twitter Google+ Blog RSS

Contractors Insurance

Contractors Insurance Information

What is contractor insurance?

Like any business, independent contractors need insurance to protect themselves financially. What type of insurance you need depends on the type of work you do. Some types of independent contractors include the following:

  • Independent construction contractors
  • Freelance writers, editors and graphic designers
  • Repair people, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, painters
  • Accountants and financial planners
  • House and carpet cleaners
  • Independent hair stylists and salon professionals

Contractors are like any business. You need property and general liability insurance to minimize the basic financial risks of running a business. Additionally, contractor insurance includes coverage designed for specific industry risks. Our agency can find a customized policy that includes coverage most suitable to you.

If you are hiring contractors, you want them to have contractor insurance. Insurance you carry as a business or homeowner may not protect you from liability for a contract worker. This can expose you to lawsuits if a worker gets injured at your business or home.

What types of contractors insurance are available?

There is a wide variety of contractor insurance options. Here are common coverage's for independent contractors.

  • General Liability Insurance: Providing coverage for all premises, operations, products and completed operations. Liability lawsuits from clients, employees, suppliers and the public.
  • Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance: Providing yourself and your employees against the unexpected. (Accidents. Injuries)
  • Disability Insurance: Provides partial wage replacement to eligible workers and Employers who are unable to work because of a disability.
  • Umbrella / Excess Liability Insurance: Provides additional limits over your existing liability policies.
  • Commercial Auto Insurance: Protection against Vehicle claims and losses.
  • Builder's Risk Insurance: This coverage protects against loss to a construction project due to property damage sustained during the course of construction. Any owner or contractor seeking to renovate existing structures or build new ones, needs this coverage.
  • Tools / Equipment Floater Insurance: Covering valuable equipment and tools you use to get the job done.

Get started today!

We can search for the best policies based on the size of your business, the number of employees and the type of work you perform. Call us today to get started with a free quote.
  • Hartford
  • Travelers
  • Guard
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Mercury
  • MetLife
  • Zurich
Local: (201) 945-2408 | Fax: (201) 945-2409 607 Anderson Avenue | Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
Home|Our Products|Customer Service|Payment Options|Report a Claim
About Us|Our CarriersBlog |Contact Us
Social Social Social Social Social Social
Powered By Insurance Website Builder